Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekly Recap: April 21-28

This week was spent bringing this much neglected blog back to life. Originally, this blog had been a place for me to market my freelance writing work. But since I'm finally finishing up my novel and plan on publishing it this year, I decided I should spiffy this blog up a tad. I also wanted a place in which I could write book reviews for the numerous books I devour.

Book Reviews
I've only written 3 book reviews this week, which isn't bad I suppose considering I read all 3 books in 3 days. Here are the reviews I wrote:

The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life by Jennifer Worick

Maverick Wild by Stacey Kayne

Her Warrior King by Michelle Willingham

Articles & Posts
N/A for this blog, other than book reviews.

Writing Update
My book is coming along nicely. This week I had a huge 'ah hah!' while writing. Basically, I finally figured out how to end my book, which for me, is always the hardest part.

Currently Reading
I am currently working towards finishing up two books. The one I'm closest to being finished with is Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas. The second is The Pirate and the Pagan by Virginia Henley. Both are oldies but goodies!

Personal
I am now 31 weeks pregnant. I'm beginning to get to that "uncomfortable" stage. It's hard to sit, it's hard to breathe, it's hard to sleep, etc., etc. But it's all good! It will definitely be worth it in the end when I get to meet my little Bug.

My 14 month old son is beginning to form words. He is also entering that lovely toddler stage in which he loves to throw temper tantrums, refuses food based on color alone, and wants to go with Daddy wherever he goes. Sadly, the little booger is just so darn cute that I can't help but laugh sometime when he's doing all of this.

As far as my week has gone, it's been filled with writing, reading, chasing after my toddler, and chasing after my husband when the toddler is asleep (wink, wink). I've been having to lay up a lot more due to being in the last stage of my pregnancy. My back and hips just can't handle standing up for long periods of time. But that's kind of worked out since I had so much reading and writing to get done this week.


How has your week been? Did you read any exciting books or gain progress in your writings?

No comments: